The first gift BD gave me was an iPod. This was approximately two weeks after we started dating. My initial reaction was one of "wow, he like totally loves me already [Iwonderwhatthediamondwilllooklike]!" However, now, I admit I should have been cautious. After all, my husband-to-be wasn't shy in expressing his love.
His love of Apple products.
I should have known that this iPod purchase stood for something bigger. Something much bigger. In fact, on that fateful March day over four years ago, I did not know that we would be future parents...Of an iPad 2. [cue appropriate music here].
I should be truthful and admit that I am merely the godparent of said iPad. I have no direct parenting rights for the item. I honestly think that BD has a timer set somewhere that alerts him when I've been on the iPad. Scratch that, actually. He watches this baby like a hawk. [in fact, the mere mention of "scratch" near "iPad" probably has him questioning if I've actually scratched his iPad]. Batman can be exploring the inner crevices of our basement after he has successfully navigated the rickety basement stairs following an evacuation through the cat door, and if BD feels as though the iPad's screen is smudged, he will very lovingly wipe it down and only then tend to the human baby. As for his wife, I'm pretty sure I've been replaced by an app.
If you know anything about BD, you may know that his knack for communicating is...well, special. More often than not, I turn to forms of social media in order to fully understand my husband. And, in this case, learn that he had bought his own Father's Day gift, which, by the way, was a freaking iPad 2.
So our path to getting said iPad was tumultuous, to say the least. I don't want to compare it to the front door incident, but let's just say that if I had to choose between getting an iPad or replacing our front door, I would just move to Europe, for the safety of all those involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment