These past few weeks have been particularly hectic in our financial world as Christmas bills, tuition payments, and a life-threatening cell phone change [helllooo we needed iPhones] have come calling. I will admit that I am a little stressed and I may be more than slightly harsh on my
Case in point, please reference three all-too-recent text conversations below:
[me]: What did you buy for $12.95 from California on Saturday, January 14 at approximately 4.51 pm with our debit card?
[husband]: Huh? nothing.
[me]: Well nothing would have cost nothing and you obviously purchased something. It was from your card.
[husband]: crickets. silence. for approximately 12 hours until I see him in person. I canceled that subscription.
[me]: Subscription? For...?
[husband]: This technology site. I've seen it a bunch of times when I was googling answers for school. I forgot about it.
*********
[me]: WHY are we subscribed to Amazon Prime?
[husband]: Huh? I didn't do it.
[me]: Did you subscribe to Amazon Prime perhaps when you ordered my birthday gift?
[husband]: Hmmm. silence. Oh yeah. Maybe I did.
[me]: the texting equivalent of crossing my arms and tapping my foot as if to suggest impatience...thinking you wouldn't have needed the two-day free shipping if you were maybe just a little more planful with your time.
[husband]: it's canceled. I totally remember doing it. I just forgot to cancel it. HaHA.
*********
[me]: What is this "Hey Ice Cream Man!"?
[estranged spouse]: There was a food truck outside the bar. I bought Brian and myself a waffle.
[me]: I'm going to name my ulcer after you.
[estranged spouse]: They were big Belgian waffles.
It will be an "Oh, that explains a lot" moment when it is revealed that my brain is actually growing through my head and when I shave it I am actually making myself dumber. I have been shaving my head for almost 6 years now. So I would do the math but I cannot because that part of my brain is long gone. At least everyone can have a chuckle at my expense. Pretty soon my son will be smarter than his old man.
ReplyDeleteIf you notice the common themes at the top right, particularly the one that says Husband For Sale, I am sure she would get more for having me knocked off than to try and sell me. Do you know how much I would cost to have shipped? Anywho.......that's all folks :)