I thought I was being a good mom. I voluntarily took an afternoon off to enjoy a shopping adventure with my mom and son.
And shopping we did. For about six hours. Which is why I blame my resolve. It was low. I was tired. And I was distracted by the uneaten Oreos that were included with Batman's kid's meal.
So my son licked the floor. A very public floor of a food court.
I watched the incident take place in very. slow. motion. He fell while running away from me [towards the shopping carts shaped as fire trucks]. My breath caught immediately as I was sure he would be hurt.
But no, my son was not injured. In fact, he appeared to enjoy this fall. I watched as he slowly rubbed his face across the dirty gray tiles. And then out came his tongue.
I screamed and gasped and was virtually glued by shock to my spot too far away from my son. I managed to squeak out "Moooommmm!" as my mom swooped down to rescue to Batman from the bacterial culture he appeared to be enjoying.
"I'm claiming the five second rule!" my mom declared as we hustled out the door to the safety of our car. And hand sanitizer. [Not that I used hand sanitizer in my son's mouth!]
But I sure thought about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment