I just wanted to look pretty. Don't we all?
I would buy a bottle here, a bottle there, to go with a fancy outfit or for a special occasion. Or maybe, accent my ring. Okay, there I said it out loud.
Before I knew it, I had acquired an insane amount of nail polish. Red glitter, pink pearl, stormy gray, quick dry, long lasting, hard as diamonds. OPI, Essie, Sally, we're all on a first name basis. I typically paint my nails at least once a week and end up peeling the polish off within days. That doesn't stop me from repeating the vicious cycle.
Well...maybe it's a bit more complicated:
[step 1] paint.
[step 2] walk around for at least
[step 3] showcase a couple of items in your environment as though you are a Barker's Beauty from The Price is Right.
[step 4] shove pretty nails in spouse's face and ask nicely for him to compliment your oh-so-pretty nails and force him to agree that you really could be a professional nail technician if you wanted to be.
[step 5] go to sleep with your nails on top of the covers.
[step 6] wake up to smudged polish.
[step 7] attempt to fix smudges quickly with a quick-dry clear coat on your way out the door.
[step 8] peel failed attempt from your nails at your desk. be careful not to get polish in your keyboard.*
[step 9] repeat.
*who are you kidding? there's polish in your keyboard.
No comments:
Post a Comment