I'm sure you started your day wondering what I looked like. Well, probably not really. Here's a truth: I am slammed. I can barely keep my head above water with my normal day-to-day activities so coming up with something witty and creative to write in a blog post is challenging to say the least. So, I decided to do a photography challenge. I try, frequently, to hone my creative juices through taking pictures. Most recently, I enrolled in a photojournaling workshop, only to withdraw from it two weeks later. This is a direct contradiction to my good student nature.Hopefully, taking one photograph a day will give me a little time to slow down, be in the moment, and find that creative release that I find myself craving more. I also hope that I will be a little more loose with what I choose to write about, rather than waiting for my darling husband to misbehave in a blogablely-appropriate way.
Here's another truth: I've had the above paragraphs written for two weeks. The first challenge of the photo challenge is a damn self portrait and that ain't happening. I mean, it's happened, and I just cannot commit to a picture. Which probably speaks volumes about a certain little perfectionist complex that I may or may not suffer from.
At any rate, I have a picture that I'm posting that I will call my self portrait. A few things to note: [1] taken with my cell phone so the quality is poor [2] I was giggling so there's that [3] I have bangs and [4] that headless being is my wonderful mom. We took the picture to send to my brother to show my new bangs [a decision I am still questioning] and my mom's questionable shirt choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment